December 27, 2018

"A Sheep not of Your Fold"




“A sheep not of your fold . . .”
cji
1976/2018
I came seeking
and you saw me not
I held your hand
you pulled away
I asked for help
and you knew me not;
When I returned
I was not me
I had changed
I was another
you knew me not
again sent me away;
I called you
then I wrote you
answered the call
returned a note
I could tell
you remember me not
for you addressed
me as someone else;
Then I sent a photo
reminded you of me
then I heard no more
for I was still not of your fold;
Hurt, I turned away
wondering about how bad
must I have been
for no forgiveness
to be unknown
to the shepherd;
I wished only
to say thank you
for helping me find my way
allowing me
to return home
when I took your hand
you pulled away saying,
I know you not,
for you are not
a sheep of my fold;
Sadly, with lack of step
slip I into the night
of no return, unknown
by the shepherd,
who once called
me by name. . .!

Copyright © 2018 – cji

No comments: