December 28, 2018

(4) "So once we were ...



(4)
“So once we were . . .
cji
12/28/18 (10/10/98)
and now are no more
so we have to begin again
to become what we were
it is not easy, but always
there will be one
who forward will step
and will lead us again
from no more
to once we were;
No path is easy
and a warriors path
is most difficult
is most dangerous
because a warrior alone
is alone and knows it
but a warrior with others
may be alone and not know it,
if this seems to confuse
it is difficult to strike
off to return to who
and where, but when others
scoff and laugh
now alone has new definition;
But I know now
as I did then
of who I was
and of where I came;
Seeking in darkness
to find the light
to once again
be free and among
those who came before
I seek the God
my father’s spoke of
and taught me some
when I was young
and I was brave
and would not listen. . .!”
Copyright © 2018 – cji

No comments: