December 28, 2018

(6) "So harken my sons ..."



(6)
“So harken my sons . . .
cji
12/28/18 (10/10/98)
and daughters who once
were fair to behold,
listen to a fathers plea
a warrior who himself
did not pay heed
to those who knew,
don’t be so proud
or be so drunk
in self-destruction
or be so numb
you will not feel;
Open your eyes
my children
and see what
can be seen,
cleanse your ears
so you may hear again,
shake off the dust
of the past
so your doorstep
is clean and pure;
Oh my children
listen to this old one
now is already here
and if you listen not
all of our fathers
who’ve gone before
will have been in vain
and what once we were
we will be no more;
So my children
harken now to wisdom
not that of man’s
but that of Fathers
who once again
has come as promised
to redeem through
His beloved Son,
who visited us
when we were young,
so once again
we can be among
His chosen people,
I pray, in Jesus name Amen . . .”
Copyright © 2018 – cji

No comments: