December 17, 2018

"Worthy Cheating"



Recently with my Bishop in Tithing Settlement I asked about being a Full Tithe Payer and able to hold a Temple Recommend?  Today, in my gospel study I listened to a talk giving by President Kimball then a member of the Quorum of the 12 –at a BYU devotional (1958). It was entitled, “Honesty and Integrity” and in it he specifically referred to being a full tithe-payer and having a Temple Recommend. In that he could not imagine one attending the Temple who was not paying a full tithe. Cheating of the Lord and then entering His Home on this Earth.

Some times my mind gets tickled with what I’ve heard from the Elders – and I remember. Would seem to me – that if an apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ made it as clear in their presentation then it would be a good (excellent) idea to make it a commandment in my life. Maybe it isn’t per se’ required – but it is a slothful servant who has to be commanded in all things.

Surely there’s a reason we’ve been told to study the Scriptures to include presentation of Prophet and Apostles of the Lord’s Church. Many called and few chosen and why are they not chosen – because their minds are set on the things of this world. In my life I’ve more than enough to repent for – to not understand to especially keep those things which are easy to cement and keep. 


“Worthy Cheating”

cji
12/16/18

Are we honest in all our dealings
(with our fellow men and God)
where do we draw the lines
when does the smoke appear
how do we justify behavior
we can’t excuse the word ‘all’
our fellow men/women exclusive
or for sure to include Father/Son
for we are their children each
and thus they are our fellows
does worthy cheating broach
or is there no such thing?

Copyright © 2018 – cji


No comments: