April 16, 2016

"This is the Sabbath Day"

"This is the Sabbath Day"

cji
4/17/16

I know Lord
yelled again
instead of the hug;
do you think
I'll ever learn
especially
before it is
too late;

It is Sunday
they were
all dressed
and ready to go;
then I told
them ten minutes
and look what
happened;

Yes you did tell me
that they were
children and be calm
but look at the house
their clothes;
yes I know
I'm raising my voice
once more
I'm sorry;

If you give me
another chance
on this morning
I'd finger-paint more
with them
in those ten minutes
and honest
I'll point
the fingers less;

It is the Sabbath
but they are
only children
and yes once
I remember
you cared for me
the way
you expect
me to care
for them;

(I love you Lord
how you can
forgive me so much
and love me
even when
so many mistakes
to learn to correct
even on the
Sabbath Day.)

Copyright © 2016 – cji


No comments: