October 27, 2012

“Knowingly Understand” (addendum to throughts)

 

(Addendum: “Thoughts to Simplify 2”)  cji 10/27/12

 

When one writes in answer to another’s questions – one accepts the responsibility for their answer.  That what one writes they feel to be the correct answer even if not politically correct – and teach hard doctrine doesn’t make the answer wrong – just that the ones receiving the answer don’t have to accept it in its totality.  What I write I testify to – without any reserve – for I’ve done the homework – research – prayed and received answers since being a small child.  For this like others I’ve never been the most wanted person in various church meetings.  As a matter of fact I was thrown out or asked to leave every church I attended for asking too many questions – cross checking the questions and coming back and pointing out where the answer given was invalid when compared to what was written in the Scriptures (Holy Bible – which I read for the first time at age 11).  Thus with this introduction to this addendum I’ll proceed to address a comment sent to me – that my writings lose their value when it appears I’ve insulted or offended someone who doesn’t believe, understand or know/testify of what I do. 

 

It appears I didn’t make myself clear when speaking of a ‘paid clergy’ or those who receive payment for preaching to others. Having read the Scriptures cover to cover many times I’ve yet to find one paid clergy, priest, minister, pastor, or elder within the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Yes, there were those who opposed the Savior were paid and those who came after the Saviors death in about 70AD-350AD required payment for their services of preaching.  And yes we’ve colleges, universities, divinity schools, seminaries and others who for a price will ordain someone to be a preacher, et. el.  However, in the Gospel of Jesus Christ – from the days of Adam and Eve to the death of the last Apostle (about 150AD) none were paid – not the Prophets or the Apostles.  The same is true today – those who serve as Prophet, Apostles, Seventies (full time) and other offices in the Church of Jesus Christ are not paid in fact they live the Law of Consecration. The Gospel of Jesus Christ teaches a lay ministry – with only a very small stipend for those who’ve been called full time to the service of the Lord. 

 

So therefore my comments now and whenever I write reflect this understanding that there is no paid clergy – for the Saviors Church then and now and in every dispensation have not ever had a paid clergy.  Yes, this thinking makes waves – and yes some find it insulting.  This is my understanding – would you prefer me to be politically correct so that what I write comes as slow pitch softball or to teach a hard doctrine which is true?  At the same time one must ask what they teach and for whom do they teach?  If it is for Christ then why not his Gospel – if it is for man then the mixing of philosophy and scriptures becomes reasonable.  When someone is on the payroll of another – regardless of who’s payroll they are then accountable in time and what they teach (or produce) for the one making the payment.  When someone is in the fulltime employment of the Lord they’ve a responsibility to teach his doctrine as given in the Scriptures and to his Prophet on the this earth at this time.  Many have professed seeing and communicating with Angels – has anyone ever noted that Angels only teach what’s in the Scriptures? 

 

This alludes to the idea of which church or is there one church or why are there some 52,000+ churches found in the USA alone?  When I was a child we used to travel to see my adopted grandparents and each time we went we attended a different church.  When asking why – the only answer was, “we were unhappy with the last one’s teachings.”  Each and every one of those 52,000+ churches should claim to be the only true church – as God is not a God of confusion – but one of order.  God is not a God of contention – but rather one of peace.  There should only be one church – one baptism and one Gospel of Jesus Christ which should come from the Scriptures literally.  There should be no mixing in of philosophy or the beliefs of men/women – no justifications – no excuses – but should teach the joy of obedience to the Commandments, Statutes and Laws of the Father and the Son.  Thus, simplifying what is taught – that there is eternal life for everyone willing to do what the Scriptures teach.  Many teach that the Holy Bible is complete – but would a loving Father only teach his children in one little part of the earth – when he’s children all over the globe?  Even the Holy Bible refers to other Scriptures – in both the Old and New Testaments. 

 

Should I quote chapter and verse, no!  For each should own a copy of their own Bible (Holy Bible) – and they should read their own Bible – again I suggest the KJV prior to 1870 – but again any Bible will do – just cross-reference if something seems confusing (the Gideon Bible would be a good cross-reference choice) – and see what the Scriptures tell them individually.  If the Bible talks of other people and other scriptures shouldn’t one be curious as to where these might be found?  If your Bible talks of a ‘restoration’ prior to the 2nd Coming shouldn’t one be interested to know if this has occurred and if not why not or when?  Thus, for each individual who can read and write; comprehend and understand; ask questions and receive answers; they are accountable for this gift. They should knowingly understand whether what they’ve seen, heard or read make common sense or not in their lives.  Too many being able to do the foregoing sentence – don’t or won’t do it!  This is their choice but they will be accountable for their choices (all of them).  Everyone (to repeat myself from earlier writings) will be accountable and responsible for what they do know and what they should know.  (Again those without the law – will not be accountable for the law until they learn of it in its fullness.) 

 

Each person has a choice – to uphold the Commandments of God or to ignore one or all of them as many today seem to do.  However, each person is not you individually who are reading this or reading the Scriptures – it is you or I and we need to know there are no excuses or justifications.  The Gospel of Jesus Christ is intended to have us learn what we are to do in order to return to the Father and the Son – with our families and to partake of eternal life – with a physical body of flesh and bone.  Job, Stephen, Isaiah, Malachi, Moses, Peter, James, John and most importantly the Savior all taught this doctrine fully. 

 

There is nothing here which says that those who accept money for teaching the Gospel are not truthful or good people.  Many of those I count as friends do exactly this for their livings.  And I’m the majority are doing it for the right reasons.  Thus again each can draw their own understandings or what is taught in the Holy Bible – literally and not loosely interpreted mixed with the philosophy of men and women. 

 

At my age and health I’m too old to worry much about how much someone likes or dislikes me or what I write – however, all who know me know that presenting truth is most important – and if I’ve a truth about eternal life and I did not share it with my friends and neighbors – at some point after this life I will be held accountable and responsible for what I should’ve done.  Therefore be made at me now – feel offended or insulted by what I write – but do it now – and not after this life.  Let me carry it one step further; if the evolutionist or any others who do not believe and acknowledge what I claim to know and testify of – if they’re correct and I’m wrong – what have I lost? Nothing!  However, if what I understand to be true and testify of is correct doctrine what have they lost?

c/ork


“Knowingly Understand”

 

cji

10/27/12

 

Given precept and principle

an ability to read and write

to visualize common sense

gathering in what’s needful

pondering and prayerfully seek

with a heart and soul meek

within the Scriptures so full

knowing truth from whence

found in pure black and white

becoming one’s own principal!

 

 

Copyright © 2012 – cji

No comments: