October 23, 2012

“Dear Father:

 
“Dear Father:
 
cji
10/23/12
 
Thank thee for trials
some more difficult
some I wonder why
and then I do cry;
 
Losing a child hard
nowhere to turn known
knowing he’s better off
my burden to doff;
 
Yet the deepest pain
enduring within still
help me understand
and obey thy command;
 
My son:
 
We have tribulations
grief is but a moment
families eternal can be
in the Scriptures to see;
 
Each has a mission
mortality a probation
required of some to live
and others to give;
 
Each child I love too
how many I do lose
temptations and evil
siding with the devil;
 
“Dear Father:
 
My eyes are opening
finding the veil sheer
those who’ve gone before
are waiting at the door;
 
To be worthy and obey
hard and difficult to be
I know thou lovest me
which makes me free;
 
Others mock and pretend
denying thy Scriptures
while turning all away
on Zion’s course I stay!
 
“My son:
 
Within the Scripture learn
taken literally and fully
men/women claim wisdom
unworthy for my kingdom;
 
Mixing philosophy as truth
denying what we’ve taught
families are eternal forever
sealing ordinances forever;
 
One has to be open to hear
understanding then to see
having warmth to thus feel
a contrite spirit to heal!
 
 
Copyright © 2012 – cji

No comments: