October 24, 2011

"Vagabond"



"Was at rest – almost asleep – thoughts flowing as water in streams overflowing – life vibrant and so alive – came the vagabond – came the vagabond – until with one with me..." – c/ork 10/24/11

“Vagabond”

cji
10/25/11

Wandering in my youth
seeking always truth
emulating said Ruth
ever more the sleuth;

Remember at three
wanting earth to flee
searching just to see
asking to be set free;

Yet into the darkest
unknowing any risk
asking no quarter
trusting yet in none
answers un-understood
nothing matching
words mixing up
thought to be a fool
giving no quarter
avoiding deep valleys
climbing the mountains
freezing in the snow
pure white and cold
raw my hands/knees
wanting so to know
how else to grow
intensity to show
pure light to glow
yet still in darkness
where demons were
temptations unreal
offerings of pelf
unwanting any aid
only in the solitude
questing greatness
not of self or of me
just truth to see
setting a life free
worry thus to flee
cannot grasp thought
perusing another
ideas found wanting
wherein to now go
ways to find blocked
all doors now locked
the guns each cocked
my very being rocked
continuing into where
did I still really care
these wonders to share
where others not dare
cradled into warmth
high on the mountains
drinking of the ice
yet going into night
losing all my sight
the world a blight
till there is light;

Holding to a course
straight and narrow
never truth to force
just a new furrow;

Coming is the peace
not as men do seek
the worldly to release
humbled and meek;

Vagabond ever to be
full realization to see
sometimes to be free
but always to be me;

Death calls once again
wherefore I did begin
yet it’s veil very thin
mortal probation to win!


Copyright © 2011 – cji

No comments: