July 23, 2017

"Pacifiers" (Prologue)

Perhaps an explanation is in order for this series. Last Sunday the concluding speaker for our Sacrament Meeting had not arrived. The Bishop asked if I would be the concluding speaker – to which I agreed. My topic became multiple fold – Helaman Chapter 8; The Choir and the Pacifier. In the foyer a young mother was sitting next to me – and by a prompting I asked if she had an extra ‘pacifier’ and she did. I borrowed it and used it during my talk. In retrospect I’ve thought more of the pacifier and thus these thoughts which follow. c/ork



“Pacifiers”

cji
7/23/17

(Prologue:
As an infant child needful
unable to coddle 24/7
also relief from the pain
teething and getting suck
how long ago known
15th Century and forward
present form 20th Century
while today in the 21st
we’ve a generation of adults
no longer infants/babies
found using them daily
even to the use of drugs
how do we use a pacifier?)

Copyright © 2017 – cji

No comments: