December 22, 2013

“A Prophet Born”

 
“A Prophet Born”
 
cji
12/23/1805
 
Born on this day
unlike many infants
one of several children
raised to be honest
a trait he kept always
then at the age of 14
troubled by religion
raging contention
where he lived
he went to pray
while thus engaged
he had a vision
speaking openly
with Father and Son
thus persecuted
the rest of his life
never once denying
his vision as Paul
till martyred in 1844
yes on this day
in 1805 he was born
while his calling
to restore to earth
The Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter-day
Saints still growing!
 
(Addendum:
At the age of 11 years
I read the Bible all
1955 with permission
believing it to be true
I spent 20 years looking
getting thrown out
church to church
in this quest to know
the Church described
within the Bible literally
until I learned myself
of the Church restored
by Joseph Smith, Jr.
so long ago to me
this Prophet born!)
 
Copyright © 2013 – cji

No comments: