April 1, 2019

"Prophets of the Latter-days" (Prologue)


When I was 29 years old, I was introduced to a Prophet of God – his name was Spencer W. Kimball. He was a smallish man – his frame looked as though it had been through the wars medically. His voice was raspy due to surgery. But his personified love of others (all others).  Since that time, I’ve met several more, not in person only two in person, but all were the same – good humor, loving, kind and surely called of God. I remember a comment when reading accounts about each Prophet of this dispensation, “No one but God would’ve or could’ve called them.”
Thus, over 45 years I’ve studied the lives of all of the Prophets of this the last dispensation of time. In each, various qualities while all similar each different and what was needed during their time of service to both the Lord and to us Father’s flock.
What follows will be my thoughts on each of the Prophets of this dispensation. At some future time if I’ve the ability I’ll work on the Prophets of the Old and New Testaments. But for now, just these few special men.

“Prophets of the Latter-days”

cji
4/2/19

(Prologue:
Seventeen able and worthy men
holding the office of Prophet
sole representative of the Lord
on this earth over the past years
from 1830 till today to be known
called not by themselves or vote
but by our Lord and Savior Jesus
to serve and represent Him alone
in these the last dispensation
called as in old and now today!)
 Copyright © 2019 – cji


No comments: