April 5, 2014

"How Often Said!"

“How Often Said!”

cji
4/6/14

“If you love me – keep
my commandments”

One must waver not the least
putting aside the world’s vanity
caring not for the kudos of men
unselfishly to serve Father first
for in service is also found love
obedience is found in service
charity thus is found in all
still how often is it said
and many keep not all
as on this Sabbath Day
where are our hearts/minds
many found in wanderings
abounding in the worldly
wavering as the sea’s waves!


Copyright © 2014 – cji

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments. 
John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love. 
I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. 
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 
As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 
The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with loving kindness have I drawn thee. 
Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you whom I love, and whom I love I also chasten that their sins may be forgiven, for with the chastisement I prepare a way for their deliverance in all things out of temptation, andI have loved you— 
I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. 
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. 
And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them. 
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. 


No comments: