July 12, 2012

“Almost Drowning”


“Almost Drowning”

cji
7/10/12
(or 7/10/1976)

T’was hot and muggy outside
while the AC ran to keep us cool
the water above room temperature
waiting there for us to enter within
most of all we felt the veil thin
feeling for this sacred procedure
following Heavenly Father’s rule
therefore with the Saints to abide;

All in readiness waiting to begin
Dan’s baptism was under way
dressed in white both he and I
opening prayer and a hymn
short talk given just for him
entering the water he and I
the important words I did say
then taking Dan for his swim;

Under Dan went but not complete
once more he went but not all wet
three times the charm they say
this time looking around to see
ten seconds-twenty time did flee
how long under could Dan stay
almost drowning but Chuck was set
no more times this to thus repeat!

To the changing room to get dry
Dan looking at Chuck asking why
almost drowned me on this day
worried you wouldn’t get me up
all Chuck could say was, ‘yup’
asking if longer I could stay
not knowing to laugh or cry
Dan just released a sigh!

Copyright © 2012 – cji

No comments: