April 16, 2016

"To Search for Lost Pearls"

"To Search for Lost Pearls"

cji
4/17/16

Diving into the deep
water to find a pearl
yet at home I weep
for the tide's a swirl;

I'm so small within
this ocean so huge
as if the ocean me would pin
in a monster wave's deluge;

Yet every day I venture to seek
asking and looking for something
to help me to go very deep
even to hear an angel sing;

Genealogy is very trying and long
not at all like the miracles I hear
of others findings relatives in a song
mine have the ability to disappear;

Maybe someday it will all be there
just when I open to the correct page
I really believe that this is fair
otherwise I might be in a rage;

Heavenly Father forgive the last
verse for I know you do care
but sometimes people in the past
just don't want too now share;

Thus I'll go every day to look
for these/this lovely pearl(s) now gone
whose life(ves) was early on took
from the family tree where they belong;

Thank you for listening
as I now in prayer kneel
my eyes and cheeks glistening
your warm tender touch I feel!

Copyright © 2016 – cji



No comments: