February 9, 2019

"They Say a Poem is a Prayer"




“They Say a Poem is a Prayer”

cji
2/10/19

Dear Heavenly Father
Sadly I come to thee
on bended knee in tears
seeing the horrible sins
committed in my day
which for thy Son
our Savior, Jesus
suffered and died for
hardly containing myself
for what I cannot do
that which I cannot change
for the carnage and hate
once more killing babies
stealing from the innocent
defaming thy Son’s name
ungrateful for their freedoms
ungrateful for His sacrifice
Father, I’m ashamed
but even so as commanded
I pray for these minions
led by Satan in these days
but more Father I pray
those righteous to endure
my family to be protected
thy prompting me always
at what is best I can do
in the name of our Lord
and Savior, Jesus Christ
Amen!

Copyright © 2019 – cji

No comments: