October 19, 2017

"To My Brothers/Sisters in Arms"

From an Army Brother when asked about his service: “I explained it and then concluded with the following statement, "If I could have remained in uniform, I would have done so until the day I died. I have never experienced anything as fulfilling or rewarding as the time I spent in uniform in the service of our great nation.”  fg


“To My Brothers/Sisters in Arms”

cji
10/20/17

Unbelieving the trash today
belittling our COC daily
demeaning our flag often
desecrating our lives
to my brothers/sisters in arms
understand always my love
having served with each
from the earliest fields
to the streets of today
constantly on call/guard
protecting this nation
preserving our freedoms
honoring our flag always
hearing the bugles play
the cadence of the team
feeling each spirit interned
walking in hallowed places
still in uniform in my mind
thankful to have known
my brothers/sisters in arms
forever grateful to serve
even to preserve rights
of those who hate us
who hate our freedoms
but have this right
because of each of us
brothers/sisters service
honoring our commitment
honoring our nation
honoring our flag
honoring our COC
trying to bring us as one
against the trash today!



Copyright © 2017 – cji

No comments: