August 21, 2016

"Setting on a Tree Stump"


“Setting on a Tree Stump”

cji
8/23/16

Pondering a place to be sitting
walking within a park or forest
seeing a perfect tree stump
checking it carefully for bugs
not wanting to disturb their play
(however most likely work)
quietly sitting down very slow
looking all around hearing birds
flapping my arms as if to fly
thus the birds no I’m no harm
they continue their singing
then I stretch my arms out
looking at my hands there
wondering what good done
helping me wash my face
brushing my teeth and all
holding the door open
shaking hands with another
folded in prayer to be so
then my feet and toes
wiggling them to relax
again looking all around
seeing the wonders to see
thanking Heavenly Father
for allowing me within
the essence of forever
setting on a tree stump
just today pondering in awe!


Copyright © 2016 – cji

No comments: