October 29, 2014

"Heirs Together Forever"




1Peter 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

 

Preface: This is one of my favorite Scriptures within my life! When I was 18 in the Far East a friend invited me to attend a Bible study group. We hadn’t even settled in when the person conducting looked at me and asked, “What does 1Peter 3:7 mean?” And without hesitation I replied, “It means Husbands and Wife’s are supposed to be married for time and all eternity!” He then threw me out and said I was not invited to come back. This made me think about this Scripture as I knew I was correct in what I’d said as I hadn’t even to think about my reply. When dating my eternal companion I shared with her that marriage was for time and all eternity – that we were to be heirs together – and that meant eternally. The minister she wanted to marry us refused as he wasn’t going to marry anyone who wasn’t going to make it. After years of searching we found the Restored Church with all of the doctrines and covenants which the Savior had established in his Church when he was here in mortality, including marriage for time and all eternity which can only be performed in His Holy House – the Temple by those having authority. Which was the same authority given to the 12 Apostles – most specifically reference to John – in the power to Seal on Earth that which will be Sealed in Heaven. (We’ve now been married going on 46 years.)  c/ork

 

“Heir’s Together Forever”

 

cji

10/30/14

 

What a difference it makes

knowing it can be for eternity

when little problems arise often

or major tests of our mortal being

we know it is forever if worthy

thus never giving up or giving in

staying the course within love

eternal and forever to be known

as Heavenly Father loves us

therefore heir’s together forever

enduring all of mortalities tests

enduring to the end of our time

passing the veil as an eternal unit

our children and their children

our progenitors and theirs

forever and ever thru eternity!

 

Copyright © 2014 – cji

 


No comments: