March 18, 2017

"If You Had Known Me"


"If You Had Known Me"

cji
3/18/17

You say you love me
you call upon my name
you ask me to intercede
you wonder why I don't
but then you never knew me
for knowing me - loving me
you'd keep all my Commandments
wavering not in trials/tribulations
you'd understand my teachings
you'd know Scriptures literally
you'd be found in my flock
one Church-one Baptism-one
you'd know the Father and I
you'd have the gift of the Spirit
you'd have a Temple Recommend
if you had known me you'd obey
while yet you claim freedoms
to do as you wish believing
there is no agency in life
paying others for salvation
forgetting the Atonement
if you had known/loved me
you'd love me always forever
asking for what's needful
being thankful each day
without conditions demanded
you'd call upon Father
in my name - Jesus the Christ
if you had loved/known me!


Copyright © 2017 – cji 

No comments: