December 1, 2016

"Of No Avail"


Was asked to sign a petition to the Pope of the Catholic Church – my response and thought – c/ork


Hi – years ago I was an active member of the Catholic Church – long discussions with a Priest (after being allowed to read the Bible cover to cover – 1955) we decided after five years of deep discussion I should quest to see if a Church married up to the Holy Bible – it took years and I found it – so my letter to your Pope would not be of much avail – thank you for thinking of me – chuck

“Of No Avail”

cji
12/2/16

Having read the Holy Bible
(1955 cover to cover all)
learning of the Gospel
taught by Moses/Isaiah
and all of the Apostles
even the minor Prophets
studying line by line
precept by precept each
thus my learning to pass on
mostly to no avail or response
opening doors and windows
letting the light shine about
hoping the blind will see
the deaf to hear it all
feelings to be warmed
learning the Gospel all
reading the Holy Bible!

Copyright © 2016 – cji

No comments: