October 25, 2015

"To Receive Knowledge" (which is true)


“To Receive Knowledge”
(which is true)

cji
10/26/15

So many wise men/women
sifting in the sands of waste
seeking to know more than…
replacing any need of Father
pretending to have knowledge
which is found without light
claiming only the worldly wisdom
recycling from one to another
praising their folly in laughter
who also seeking knowledge
which is true and not illusion
seeking thus the righteousness
obedience in all Commandments
sifting the pearls of the divine
so few are these thus found!

Copyright © 2015 – cji





A great Book of Mormon prophet, Alma, after preaching a great sermon on obedience under the influence of the Holy Spirit, stated in part how he received such knowledge and power. “Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me.” (Alma 5:46.) Hartmon Rector Jr. “Ignorance is Expensive” General Conference April 1971; https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1971/04/ignorance-is-expensive?lang=eng

No comments: