October 14, 2013

“Of My Friend Robert”

 
“Of My Friend Robert”
 
cji
10/15/13
 
Oh I was but a teenager
he but a name in a book
unknown to me but to ask
wrote a letter enquiringly
which at his age peaked
and he replied in kind;
 
We came a blended mind
his thoughts in mine peeked
finding neutral time admiringly
his answers filled my task
as internally we did look
friends no longer a stranger;
 
He having been shepherded
now to me offered the same
words of wisdom simple found
which all my life found true;
 
Given me wonders to view
in my life forever bound
Robert my friends name
A writer quite lettered!
 

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
 
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
 
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
 
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
 
Some have asked if this is about suicide or other thoughts of death to which I’ll attempt a 
simple reply. How often we each in either our memory or our past have taken time within the woods. The comfort of silence and that of knowing where we are – is meaningful to the inner soul even to the safety of the clarity of our mind. Visualizing past and present – seeing the tomorrows while visiting within the moment of eternity. The horse is our common sense reminding us of the now and that we’ve to come back to reality. The bells could be the village church bells which call us back to the right and the to the Father. Without a moon – knowing the path and the way to travel – feeling the cold and knowing the warmth is yet ahead. The solitude is wonderful for a visit – but we’ve much to do – covenants made with Father – and many miles are the days, weeks, months, maybe years – before I’ve to account to Father of my assignments here.
 
As my friend Robert discussed with me – simple common sense – nothing difficult - c   
 
Copyright © 2013 – cji

No comments: