February 18, 2017

"How I Pray"


“How I Pray”

cji
2/19/17

Most on the Sabbath Day
pause to utter a prayer
to many this is repetition
same prayers over/over
to others getting together
and again repeating often
but how do I pray daily
awakening–being thankful
preparing to leave the home
having guests leave our home
at our meals or when in stress
always when thankful always
when retiring for the day
unlike in my youth to kneel
now only to sit or stand
bowing of the head softly
calling upon our Father
reporting on my actions
both good and not so good
thanking Him for this life
especially for my family
and for this great nation
renewing my covenants
how I pray is within me
pondering what is needful
mostly for the promptings
of what others have need
thus to be in His service
and then praying for all
to discern and thus learn
truths found in the Gospel
of His Son – our Savior
even Jesus the Christ
in whose name I close
each and every prayer!


Copyright © 2017 – cji

No comments: